If you’re new to search engine optimization or you’re a new webmaster, this article will give you some great search engine optimization tips for your start-up website. The SEO landscape is always changing, especially for all the SEOs and webmasters that operate within the Google search engine. More then likely, that includes everyone. There’s nothing easy when it comes to ranking a new website or domain. Although this is true, we have listed some great search engine optimization tips and techniques that you can use to help you grow your online business in the beginning.
SEO is a process that takes time, you just can’t get to the top of Google’s search engine quick. Those days are long over. Search engine optimization is always changing, what worked last year doesn’t work this year. We saw a lot of different changes in 2013, it shook the world of SEO forever. Ranking start-up websites became harder, authority and relativity become major ranking factors, more so in the past two years then previous years. Every webmaster should have a basic understanding of SEO before trying to rank your start-up website.
1. SEO is a process that takes time. If you think that you can rank high competition keywords on the first page of Google in just a few months, think again. Yes, keywords can be ranked in a few months but achieving first page ranks after Google’s changes is much harder today. If you’re competing against websites that have the edge on domain age, authority and trust, it can take even longer. SEO should be a long-term solution.
All start-up websites are at a disadvantage from day one. You have no metrics. Now, if you have other online resources, you can rank quicker then someone that doesn’t have the online resources to tap into. Even with proper SEO techniques, it will take time for your start-up website to gain authority and trust in the eyes of Google. Many of your results will depend on your competition and the respective niche you operate in.
2. Develop a marketing plan now. Since your start-up website will take months to develop rankings and years to completely develop, you need to develop a marketing plan right now. Marketing is not SEO, right? Well, technically no but as you’ll see in your life as a webmaster or SEO, you better learn it. It doesn’t matter if you’re selling products or services, possibly both, no one is going to find your start-up website. To offset the time it takes to gain search engine rankings, an effective marketing plan can help you make sales immediately.
There’s a number of different ways that you can market your start-up business. If you’re on a tight budget and have no money to throw into advertising and marketing, social media marketing may be your best bet. The down turn to SMM is the fact that it also takes months to build your social platforms up as well. As a start-up website, you have a lot to do from day one. Don’t get careless though, your hard work will pay off if you stick to the plan, which is your marketing plan and long-term search engine optimization.
3. Publish as much content as you can. Content is still king and for a new start-up website, you need a lot of it. Having a content plan from day one is crucial to all new stat-up websites. If you don’t have a blog, get one. I know some companies don’t want the hassle of a blog but you need this content for search engine rankings and to build traffic. Networking is very important, you can’t have enough connections online and you never know the opportunity that it can bring. Content writing can open doors to relationships that could last a lifetime.
You should aim at writing high quality content for SEO. Content is one of the biggest contributors for search engine rankings. Link building is another major equation in the search engine algorithm. The combination of SEO and link building is a winning performance for higher search engine rankings. High quality content generates high quality links which generate higher search engine rankings. Since you will have a start-up website, a campaign for high quality content is needed to generate quality links and increase your network as quick as possible.
4. Become an authority figure in your niche early. If you are building your start-up website to offer services, you need to become an authority in your niche. If you notice, all of these steps and tips correspond with one another. You can become an authority with high quality content that is helpful and useful. In order to generate higher search engine rankings, you need quality content. In order to promote your high quality content, you need a blog. Everything you’re learning in this article works off one technique to the other.
Your content is your portfolio. There’s no better way to showcase your knowledge and experience then in your own writing. If you have a start-up website without an authority name, you have to build your name. Again, all of this is going to take time. Branding your start-up website and business will take years. From your content to networking and growing online, all of these examples play a role in the growth of all online websites.
5. Build your online resources from day one. These SEO tips for start-up websites all relate to one another for a reason. I hope your start-up website has a team, departments and everyone is working as one. Many new start-up websites only have a handful of team members. Some have no choice but to operate their business alone. It’s not cheap to have a start-up business, especially if you’re outsourcing your work. Utilizing online resources is a necessity for all start-up websites.
In order to grow your new start-up website, you have to have online resources. This start-up tip can include a number of different things. If you write online for an authority blog, this is an online resource that can be used to grow your new website. Your online resources should include team members, outsource companies, writers, free tools, paid tools, software and any other type of resource that can be used to help your business get off the ground. If you don’t have any online resources at start-up, it’s going to be an aspect of your business that you will need immediately.
6. Record everything you do. I hope you already have the basic skills needed to grow your new website. It doesn’t matter if your start-up website is for ecommerce, services or just to write your music, record everything you do in a journal or file. Trial and error is a term I always use, you want to test different things to see if your traffic increases or falls. You can see if your keyword rise or fall also. Case studies can be helpful but search engine optimization is always changing. You can’t depend on a case study done at this time last year. It can get you in trouble in more ways then one.
If you use a specific search engine optimization technique, record it and see how your website’s metrics perform. Not only is this a great way to learn more about SEO, this can show you which techniques and changes are workingand which are not. If you are offering services to clients, you’re going to want to record everything anyway. Having records on your start-up website can be useful if you choose to build another website or take on a new client.
When you start a new website, you start at the main bottom. There’s trillions of websites online and still billions active. You start out with zeroes across the board. From day one, you’ll have to compete and battle against your competition. Before I leave you today, you should always be aware of your competition. What they do plays a role in the ranking of your website. Spying on your competition can also give you tips, ideas and important information to help your own start-up website.
Ultimately, you can do what you want you to do with your website but I would suggest following Google policy and guidelines. Take the time to read their PDF, Google tells you everything you need to know about SEO, everything but the SEO equation. We’ve gained what we know through experience and there’s also a variety of great resources out there to learn search engine optimization. You should always be open to learning new things and always be open to networking.